Emotional Wellness This Holiday Season
The holiday season can bring additional stress, increase a sense of loneliness and isolation. However, help is at hand. If you or a loved one needs emotional support over the holiday season, and beyond, you can get help here.
You can also download information to keep with you using these links:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (English)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Spanish)
Risk Assessment/Suicide Prevention
Throughout five class periods during the fall quarter, a group of students from University of Minnesota Rochester (UMR) worked with our Advanced Writing for College class on creating a student newsletter.
The first edition of the newsletter is here for you to enjoy.
Look out for future editions!
Some of our achievements in 2015,
- 23 new Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) – plus 25 students on waiting list have earned the qualifications; 11 more are working on qualifications
- 14 new Trained Medication Aides (TMAs)
- 14 new Naturalized Citizens – in two years, 101 have passed the citizenship exam through classes at Hawthorne
- 6 Hawthorne students have applied for Mayo’s Phlebotomy training program
- 14 recent high school graduates completed courses to prepare them for college entry this fall
- Hawthorne has been awarded another Pathways to Prosperity grant
- As of August 1, Mayo has hired 79 of Hawthorne’s Bridge to Healthcare graduates
- As of October 12, 14 students have passed 5 or more Northstar Digital Literacy proctored tests.
- 29 students graduated with their GED
- 13 students are enrolled in the new MN State Adult Diploma program. One student has already obtained her Diploma.
The Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, recognized Rochester's Pathways to College and Careers as part of the 2015 Bright Ideas program.
The Pathways program is a collaboration between Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) and Hawthorne Education Center, Mayo Clinic, Workforce Development, Inc.and United Way of Olmsted County.
Current pathways include a variety of medical careers and welding and manufacturing.
Hawthorne's Mission is to provide opportunities for adults to gain control over their own lives by enabling them to practice, learn from, and to the best of their abilities, master the strategies required for responsible citizenship, productive employment and self-sufficiency.
Visit us on Facebook